Below is a collection of paintings by Ed Tsutakawa during his stay at the Minidoka Internment Camp in the early 1940s. Used by permission of Hide Tsutakawa.
The Minidoka Internment Camp was a 33,000-acre site with over 600 buildings and a total population of about 13,000 internees from Oregon, Washington, and Alaska. It was open from August 1942 until October 1945. (Source: http://www.nps.gov/archive/miin/home.htm)